Hours and Admission
The Field Station is open to the public seven days a week during the summer (May long weekend to September long weekend). During the off season (September to May) we are open Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm.
Adults (18+) $ 12.00
Students (6 -17) $ 6.00
Children (up to 5) Free
Please note: no pets allowed except for certified guide dogs.
- Children 5 and under free when accompanied by an adult
- Vancouver Island University students and staff pay student rate upon presentation of student or staff card.
- Vancouver Island University alumni receive $2 off admission rate upon presentation of alumni card.
- Elder College participants receive the student price with presentation of student card.
- Family memberships are available for those who like to visit often!
When you visit you can:
Take a guided or self guided tour of the facility.
Learn about what makes our unique building so "green", marine conservation issues and how you can help protect the marine environment.
Observe research currently underway in our labs from the viewing mezzanine.
Get up close and personal with local marine life in our aquaria and touch tanks.
Take in amazing views of Baynes Sound from our deck.
Stroll around our site and riparian restoration area.
We occasionally close the Field Station for special events. If you are planning a visit, please check our calendar for conflicts.
Your important admission donations help support the development of the Field Station including our coastal sustainability and public education efforts.