Are you looking for an opportunity to share what you are excited about, test-run a presentation or gain experience presenting your thesis? The ever popular ‘Bring Your Lunch & Learn’ series provides presenters and attendees with opportunities to share, learn, and discuss insights and ideas in a supportive environment. If you are interested in being a presenter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or local 2984.
Held on Tuesdays from September to April, from noon to 1pm at the Nanaimo Campus, Building 305 Room 440 Research Lounge.
Fall 2018 Lunch & Learn Events:
- Tuesday Sept. 25, 12 to 1pm: Ross Deprez, The Continuing Tradition of Folk Music as a Tool of Historical Archive and Community Builder
- Tuesday Oct. 2, 12 to 1pm: Glenda Hunter and Janet Sinclair, Using the Lower Cat Stream Ecological Region on the Nanaimo Campus of Vancouver Island University as an Outdoor Classroom
- Tuesday Oct. 23, 12 to 1pm: Terri Doughty, Exploring the Roots of Environmentalism and Equity in the Picture Books of Swedish Illustrator Elsa Beskow
- Tuesday Oct. 30, 12 to 1pm: John Predyk, Enhancing visitors experiences at artisan businesses: A case study of the Econmusee Business Model in British Columbia
- Tuesday Nov. 6, 12 to 1pm: World VIU Days, Global Engagement Travel Grant “Story Slam”
- Tuesday Nov. 20, 12 to 1pm: Darren Everleigh, Re-Thinking IT Leadership - A Science Based Approach to Team Engagement